To receive information on your Personal Data, the purposes and the parties the Data is shared with, contact the Owner.
Owner and Data Controller:
European Free Alliance
Rue de la Pépinière/Boomkwekerijstraat 1 1000, Brussels
Owner contact email:
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data [or Data]
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information - including a personal identification number or a username - allows the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
The individual using this Platform who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Information collected automatically through this Platform [or through third-party services employed in this Platform], which can include:
- the IP addresses or domain names of the devices utilized by the Users who use this Platform,
- the URI addresses [Uniform Resource Identifier],
- the time of the request,
- the method utilized to submit the request to the server,
- the size of the file received in response,
- the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer [successful outcome, error, etc.],
- the country of origin,
- the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User,
- the various time details per visit [e.g., the time spent on each page within the Platform],
- the details about the path followed within the Platform with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and
- other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
Data ControlIer [ or Owner]
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Platform. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Platform.
Data Processor [or Data Supervisor]
This Platform is a website that aim to affiliate individual supporters of the European Free Alliance. This Platform includes all the means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected.
The service provided by this Platform as described in the relative Terms and Conditions on this website/Platform.
European Union [or EU]
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/l4 of Regulation [EU] 2016/679 [General Data Protection Regulation].
Types of Data collected
The Owner collects the following Personal Data:
- Full name [First and Last names];
- Email address;
ln addition, we request each User to set up a username and a password to access the Platform as registered user. The usernames and password are stored and processed as Personal Data.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Platform.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Platform is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Platform to provide its services.
ln all cases where this Platform specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Services.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Platform and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and methods strictly related to the purposes indicated.
ln addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Platform [administration, legal, system administration] or external parties [such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies] appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested by the User to the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing Data
The Owner processes Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
ln any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Where is the Data processed (Place)
The Data is processed at the Owner's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to another country. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the Owner.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis [purpose] of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Access to data by the European Institutions
Data might be subject to transfer and access by the Authority for European political parties and foundations, the European Parliament and the committee of independent eminent persons established by Article 11 of Regulation 1141/2014
Users are informed that their Personal Data might be processed for auditing and control purposes by the European Parliament, the Authority, OLAF, the Court of Auditors, the European Public Prosecutor's Office [EPPO], Member States, or external bodies or experts authorised or appointed by those institutions, and that their personal data might be made public on the website referred to in paragraph 1 of Article 32 of Regulation 1141/2014 and under the conditions set out in that article.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner's legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document, in the Terms and Conditions of the Service on the website of the Owner [e-f-a.org] or by contacting the Owner.
- The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period, whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding the processing of their Data by the Owner. ln particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verity and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. ln this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to the deletion of their Data by the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right ta abject ta processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may abject to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
If Personal Data will be processed for direct marketing purposes, Users can abject to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Platform or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Platform and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Platform [System logs] use other Personal Data [such as the IP Address] for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User's consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.